Explore Khao Sok Rainforest and Southern Thai Ways
Tour code : WT. CBT 06
Duration : 5 days 4 nights
Type of tour :Private Tour
Start and end : in Surat Thani,Khao Lak, Krabi or Phuket
Minimum passengers : 2 persons
Trip grade : Easy
Activities : Wildlife, Hiking and Community Based Tour
About the trip
There are nature walks and climbs to be taken in the national park. Destinations include a natural swimming pool flanked by waterfalls on both ends, an eleven-tiered waterfall where wild animals are sometimes seen, and a natural rock arch over a stream.
The trip end at Surat Thani to touch the way of life of Southern people in Leeled & Klong Noi Villages. Leeled is the village won the Tourism Award for her excellent ecotourism. It’s a real good combination itinerary between nature and culture.Day 1 Car to Khao Sok – Canoeing (L,D)
am Pick up Surat Railway Station or Surat Airport by air conditioned car/van to Khao Sok National Park, check into “Our Jungle House”. After lunch, enjoy canoeing on
Overnight: at Our Jungle House or the same grade resort
Day 2 Khao Sok – Elephant Riding -
After breakfast, travel by van to the elephant camp and take an elephant riding (about 3 hours in circle) into the jungle, through a rainforest crisscrossed with waterfalls and steams and teeming with thick bamboo, thorny rattan, pandanus and other tropical flora.
Take leisure and swim at the waterfall.
After that leave by car/van to
Overnight: at Chio Larn Jungle Raft
Following breakfast, the morning is jungle trekking into the forest, learn about flora & fauna, and take a bamboo rafting to explore the
After lunch, travel from the Jungle Raft with stop to observe beautiful cliffs by boat and then by car / van to Surat Thani.
Overnight at a standard Roi Koh Hotel in Surat Thani
Overnight: at Roi Koh Hotel in Surat Thani
Day4 Khao Sok – Klong Noi & Leeled Villages (B,L,D)
Am After breakfast, travel to Klong Noi (1 ½ hrs. drive)
Then continue traveling to
-Arrive the CBT Group Office in Leeled
- Briefing on community history, CBT Groups, rules of tour group, tour program.
- Boat trip to observe the eco-system of mangrove forests (birds, crab-eating macague, variety of trees in mangrove forests) and observe traditional fishing
- Return to CBT Group office and have homemade lunch with villagers
Afternoon, transfer back to
Get together in one house for a welcome dinner and socialize.
Night - Observe fireflies and its life cycle
Overnight: at the host home with a basic accommodation
Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/DinnerDay 5
Am Breakfast at the host home.
- Sightseeing ride to observe local livelihoods around the community by boat
with stops to see and visit some interesting places such as
· A community temple (the relationship of people and Buddhism)
· Boat building, the home factory that has been passed on to the youngsters for over 3 generation)
· Nipa Leaf Product Group (taste fresh Nipa Palm fruits and desert made of Nipa Palm fruits and wrapped by its leaves, Nipa leaf sewing to make strips of nipa palm roofing). Try your hands on sowing nipa leaf.
·Lunch with villagers in this house
Afternoon - Visit Uncle Pan House. Enjoy watching “tiger fishes” (Toxotes jaculator) and their amazing lifestyle of catching meals, and also seeing spotted doves
After that return to the host house. At leisure until time for the transfer to the airport/railway station for departure.